We are delighted to announce we have won an award for becoming a Natural Thinkers School, we are the only school in Haringey to have the award! To get the award we had to show evidence for ‘10 commitments’ and how children connect with nature through inspiring, motivating and practical environmental activities.
Natural Thinkers 'Ten Commitments;'
- Children have access to a range of natural areas and materials outside.
- Children have opportunities to grow, pick and taste produce.
- Children have access to gardening and digging.
- Children care for their natural environment.
- Children engage with the weather and seasons.
- Children have opportunities to engage with wildlife.
- Children have daily access to the outside.
- Settings ensure no child is excluded from outdoor activities.
- Settings ensure parents have opportunities to get involved with Natural Thinkers activities.
- At least 1 member of staff must have attended Natural Thinkers training.
Natural Thinkers is designed to connect young children with nature, by ensuring all children have access to a natural outdoor area. At Pembury we recognise the importance and benefits of outdoor learning. We use the space to support the development of children’s natural curiosity, scientific exploration and their imaginations!