Emergency Closure Procedures
The Senior Leadership Team will endeavour to always keep the Nursery School and Children’s Centre open at all times, but there may be occasions when closure is unavoidable. Pembury will remain open unless:
- The health and safety of pupils and staff are compromised
- There is insufficient staff in attendance to manage the school safely
- There is significant damage to premises, or failure of essential utilities
- Adverse weather conditions dictate early closing
Information regarding urgent closure will be sent to all parents so that parents/carers know when and where further information can be found.
In an emergency the following steps will be taken:
- The decision to close will be made with the support of the Governing Body Chair
- A text message will be sent out to all parents who are currently registered on our text messaging system. The message will go out to the number which is designated as priority numbers. (Please ensure the school has been notified if you have recently changed your number).
- Parents will be asked to collect children by a certain time.
Members of school staff who live nearby will remain with the children until their collection.
- School staff will remain with the children until all the children have been safely collected. If parents cannot collect their child at all then they must call the school office (0208 808 6089) to inform the school who will be collecting your child.
- Telephones will be monitored closely if we have to close the school.
If the school will not be open:
- Parents will be given information about arrangements for re-opening the school by text message. Fuller details will be emailed as soon as feasibly possible, or when the school has more information to share with families.
Information will always be posted on the homepage of the school’s website http://www.pemburyhouse.haringey.sch.uk/
- In some circumstances the school may operate reduced hours or limit the space available. This may be because there are insufficient staff to maintain statutory ratios or because particular areas are not safe to be used.
- If school is closing because of adverse weather conditions (snow) parents will be informed by text message, by 7.15am (or as early as possible).
- Please note that during bad weather, where snow / icy conditions prevail, the site manager may need to clear the path to the nursery and then reduce the play space in the garden to ensure the children are kept safe.
Please also see: Snow Day Policy